Sunday, July 27, 2008

Credit Card Wealth Secrets

"Credit card wealthiness secrets," the advertisement read. I assumed it was yet another over-hyped impracticable scheme. It probably was, but it made me retrieve the modern times in my life when I have got used credit cards to do money.

As Henry Martin Robert Kyosaki says, there's "good debt" and "bad debt. Borrowing for consumer points is bad-debt. You restrict your hereafter options, and you get less in life. It looks like more, because you get it now, but with interest, and the inclination to pay more than than when purchasing on credit, you'll never be able to purchase as much as those who pay cash.

Credit card wealthiness secrets have got to go around around the thought of "good debt." This is any borrowing that additions your income, or bring forths capital gains. So how make you get your credit cards to begin doing that for you?

Credit Card Wealth Creation

A good friend once borrowed $6,000 from me at 9% interest. I didn't have got the money at the time, but I had a credit card offer for a cash advance for 8 calendar months at 5% interest. I loaned him the money for six months. Okay, a 4% spreading meant only a $120 net income in the end, but it was easy.

A better illustration is when we bought a small house in Montana. A cash offer would get us a great deal, so with our nest egg and a $2,000 worth of repairs on a credit card, we made it work. We paid less than $100 in interest before merchandising the house a few calendar months later for a $6,500 profit.

My money was tied up when my blood brother establish a motortruck we could do some money on. I set it on a card, and paid maybe $35 in fees and interest. The car was sold 10 years later, and we divide the $950 profit.

A friend of mine once borrowed $300 at more than than 100% annual interest ($50 for two months). Why? To purchase the tools he needed to re-start his dry-walling business. He probably made enough the first hebdomad to refund the loan.

The point is that any debt - whether from credit cards or other beginnings - can be good debt if it makes more than than it costs. I have got got known people that have started successful businesses or "flipped" houses for large additions with the aid of credit cards. Get rich quick? Doubtful, but then my incredulity almost made me forget my ain "credit card wealthiness secrets."

No comments: